“Here’s how customers consider your value, from lowest to highest:
- If you know your product, you are a human catalog
- If you know your services, you are a technician
- If you can match your products and services to the customer’s needs, you are a sales person
- If you know a customer’s problems and business, you are a consultant
- If you know a customer’s industry, market challenges and competitors, you are an expert”
Great tip from Tom Searcy from Hunt Big Sales, a sales training and consulting firm.